POTENTIAL BENEFITS OF MASS TRANSIT SYSTEMS
The potential benefits of the Hatillo-Bayamón Mass Transit Systems are:
- Meet the needs of travelers within the project area.
- Provide a cost-effective solution to traffic problems.
- Encourage the economic growth in the area.
- Promote an easier regional access.
- Reduce congestion throughout state highways PR-22 and PR-2.
- Serve as a feeder system to the existing Tren Urbano.
- Expand the market for tourist attractions, sports and special events along the corridor.
- Support a better distribution of the labor force and increase employment opportunities.
- Improve the quality of life of the citizens.
- Provide a direct connection between the municipalities involved.
- Provide reasonable and reliable time in the path of the route.